"If I had to teach someone just one thing about lip color it would be this: Find a lipstick that looks good on your face when you are wearing absolutely no makeup." Bobbi Brown
- Darker skin: Most colours will look good as long as the pigment is heavily saturated. Think vibrant purply plums, aubergine, jewel reds
- Fair skin: Blue, cool hues but feel free to experiment with colour: deep berry reds, pinks, plum…wine red colours can be tricky, but not impossible to get right, or alternatively try mixing it with another definitely cool/bluey red
- Medium/Olive skin: Warm hues, remembering to steer clear from those blue undertones: Dark reds, aubergine, fire engine reds and oxblood
- Think soft matte greys, browns, creams on the eyes adding definition, light natural blush, bronzer or contours if you’re confident enough
- Brows can be filled in to enhance their natural shape and colour
- Consider that less is more with how much mascara you end up with. You could stick to brands that separate and lengthen and then apply a few individual false eyelashes to give that extra oomph. Keep it fluttery and defined, avoid clumpy volume.
- The finish/texture of your skin is totally up to you, but again, make sure you aren’t competing with the focus of your lips by piling on highlighter or setting powder. A little highlighting glisten around the eyes can give it that extra special factor.
I stumbled across this gal yesterday. Aside from just being beautiful, I think she does a great job.
Lisa Eldridge does a how-to of a wide-eyed 60’s ‘lashy dolly’ look.
Fresh Fall Fashions
Fox13 News; Weekend Edition with Rebecca Hansen from Rebecca (Hearts) style blog.
Another early morning, more gorgeous ladies to add the finishing touches of makeup to and then sitting back to watch Rebecca work her magic. Autumn is my favourite season for fashion, so it was a real treat to be a part of this.
Lisa Eldridge invited guest and friend makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury to show how she achieved the front cover look for Vogue this month.
Kate Moss was the model (who else?) who donned this red and brown-toned autumnal, fresh-faced looking makeup. I particularly like the dewey finish on her skin paired with the subtle rust colour on the eyes.
Lisa Eldridge teaming up with Elle magazine
Reason #546,102 why I love Gwyneth Paltrow.